The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to seven years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0–5 years.
The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners can enter the workforce as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or continue to study for a Level 3 Diploma holding Early Years Educator status.
Further details can be found here:
Learners can also refer to the Early Years Progression Map for further details of careers in the early years: www.cache.org.uk/for-learners/choosing-early-years-as-a-career.
As part of this qualification, CACHE recommends completing a Paediatric First Aid qualification.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the early years
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years Settings
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years Settings
- Understand how to support children’s development
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote play in an Early Years Setting
- Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
- Support babies and young children to be physically active
- Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
- Partnership working in the early years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner within the Early Years Workforce.
Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
Learners are also able to progress onto Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other relevant Level 3 qualifications.
Job roles include:
Practitioner in day nurseries
Practitioner in Nursery schools
Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Learners must be aged 16 or over.
This course will take approximately